Virology and Microbiology Dictionaries:
- Glossary of HIV and AIDS Terminology - This glossary from All the Virology on the WWW contains a large number of terms relevant to AIDS/HIV, as well as virology and microbiology in general.
- ATV's Virology Glossary with a large number of general virology terms, as well as medical, statistical and clinical research terms.
- Aids Clinical Trial Information Service - HIV Vaccine Glossary - AIDSinfo is a central resource for current information on federally and privately funded clinical trials for AIDS patients and others infected with HIV. As the main dissemination point for federally approved HIV treatment and prevention guidelines, AIDSinfo provides information about the current treatment regimens for HIV infection and AIDS-related illnesses, including the prevention of HIV transmission from occupational exposure and mother-to-child transmission during pregnancy.
- Glossary of Microbiology - This list contains microbiological keywords with brief definitions and hyperlinks cross-referencing the information.
- Term database for human virology - if you don't know what some of these words are referring to, this is the place to find out. This page is by Jonas Blomberg at Lund, Sweden.
- Glossary of AIDS/HIV Terms - a gopher site from the Centers for Disease Control
Other Dictionaries of Interest:
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Glossary
- MedicineNet Glossary
- Medical Terms In Various Languages
- On-Line Medical Dictionary
- Surgical Glossary
- Dictionary of Biotechnology
- Dictionary of Cell Biology
- THE MERCK MANUAL OF DIAGNOSIS AND THERAPY - an enormous online fully searchable resource from the great people at Merck.
- MedicineNet: Medical Dictionary
- ABTA Dictionary for Brain Tumor Patients
- Dictionary of Pharmaceutical Medicine - An online resource containing all pharmaceutical acronyms and abbreviations and their meanings. This is the largest international database of pharmaceutical abbreviations and acronyms in the world.
- Life Science Dictionary
- Dictionary of Epidemiology
- INFOMEDICAL: Dictionary of On-Line Medical Resources
- ATSDR Glossary of Terms
- National Cancer Institute: CancerNet
- AMA Medical Glossary from the American Medical Association
- Glossary from the Office of Rare Diseases at the NIH.
- Merriam-Webster Medical Dictionary (Medscape, Inc.) - registration may be required to access Medscape's FREE resources.
- On-line Medical Dictionary from CancerWEB.
- OneLook Dictionaries - a site that allows a simultaneous search of several dictionaries
- PharmInfoNet Glossary from the Pharmaceutical Information Associates, Ltd., VirSci Corporation - part of Pharmaceutical Information Network
Lists of dictionaries
- Lists of dictionaries from Healthfinder - a collaborative project of several federal agencies including the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
- Michigan Electronic Library List of Online Health and Medical Dictionaries
- STUDYWEB List of Online Medical Dictionaries (American Computer Resources, Inc.)
Home | Table of Contents | FAQ
Submit a New Site